3.19.2011

Simeon's Quilt - Loved



This boy and his momma made a quilt:





He made all the different shaped doggy squares.
You can see this boy was a tiny bit younger when this project he began:





I put them together:

****

I always take another quilt of the desired size and lay it on my bed. Then I arrange the squares on top. It's my small-house version of a design board. Simeon had a big say in the design process here. After arranging them, I cut and pieced in the brown negative space, or sashing. A lot of up and down from my machine to the ironing board, then to my bedroom, and back....


You can read more about our process here.

****

The back of the quilt is simple.
  A dog house on two of the corners,
One for Beau and one for Maddie, 
was sweetly insisted upon by this boy 
who misses his doggies so:



 for once upon a time, 
buddies they were:




 



3 comments:

  1. this is beautiful. your boys are so crafty and gifted

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I still do not understand how you fill in the negative space. Is it difficult?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimee - Someday I will put together a tutorial on the subject for I have not seen any out there, but presently I am not working on that type of quilt. Since you live in the area, if you would like to stop by someday, I think if you see the quilts up close, you will understand how it is done. It is not difficult. Just a little bit puzzly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...