7.11.2010

Sunday's Graces



A holy God

twenty-nine. 
a longsuffering God
whose patience with us
leads us to patience
with others.

thirty.
a God who is both
holy and longsuffering.
patience
without holiness
is not enough.

Sometimes it helps me to take a good look at my many and awkward imperfections and note how patient God is with me. It is then that I can turn around and offer a smackerel of patience to one whom I would rather not. I say smackerel because I sometimes think Winnie the Pooh, and my patience will always pale compared to God's perfect forbearance.

thirty-one.
a husband
who is quite patient, too.
he reminds me with his patience,
that God hasn't given up on me, either.
there is hope.

thirty-two.
that God didn't put us here alone.
He gives us people
to encourage and love us
and at times
to even drive us to our knees.






1 comment:

  1. Thank you for continually blessing and encouraging me with your grace-filled words.

    Love you,

    Kami

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...